Basic Obedience Classes
Both classes are sold out. Please check back for future dates!
August 5th – September 16th
6 – 7pm
Mountain Humane’s Indoor Play Yard
August 7th – September 11th
Penny’s Barn at Mountain Humane
$100 for Alumni
$120 for Public
For dogs over the age of 4 months. For owners who just want their dog to listen to them.
For dogs and owners who want to better communicate with each other!
In this 6 week course you will not only learn how to teach your dog basic manners, but you will learn how your dog thinks, what motivates them, and how you can use that to your advantage! If you want to learn how to get your dog to listen to you, and in turn how to listen to your dog, then this class is for you!
Your dog will learn how to sit, lay down, stay, come when called, walk nicely on leash, self-control, and much more!
Guidelines for Behavior & Training Classes:
- All dogs must be accompanied by an adult (18 & up).
- Dogs must be at least 4 months of age.
- Dogs must be spayed/neutered.
- Dogs must be current on vaccinations and must provide written proof (Da2PP, Bordatella and Rabies) and be flea/tick free.
- Dog cannot be sick, injured, in pain or have behaviors (aggression, bite history) that could jeopardize the health or safety of other dogs, staff or volunteers.
- All dogs must be on harnesses, martingale collars, gentle leaders and/or on a flat, buckled collar.
*No choke chains, prong collars, or e-collars allowed.
- All dogs should be on a 6’ lead at all time. All exceptions will need to be approved.
*No extending leashes
- Only force-free and positive methods of training animals is allowed are in line with the organizations mission.