Fostering allows animals a break from the shelter and helps them de-stress, it also provides Mountain Humane with more information about your foster which helps them get adopted. This is a great opportunity to enjoy the company of a shelter pet, AND if you fall in love, you can adopt straight from your home! There is no expectation for our foster families to adopt, and fostering doesn’t cost you anything. We will work with you and greatly appreciate your willingness to help out!
Long Term Fostering
- We provide all foster supplies
- Weekly check-ins
- Any needed medical care
- Behavior support
- After hours emergency contact and support
Short Term Fostering
- All of the same support given to long term fosters
- You choose the length of time - We are flexible
- The minimum length of time for dogs is 1 night
- The minimum length of time for cats and pocket pets is 2 weeks
- The maximum length of time for all animals is until they find a forever home!
Foster To Adopt
- An opportunity to give an animal a break from the shelter and see how they fit in your home without fully committing to adopting
- To find out more call our Adoption and Foster Manager Lauren Rujawitz 208.788.4351 ext. 115
How do I become a foster and what should I expect?
Fill out an application online, our Foster Manager will then contact you to learn more about what you are looking for in a foster pet. Once we find you a great match, we will schedule an appointment for you to come in and sign the paperwork, pick up supplies, and take home your foster pet! There is no expectation for our foster families to adopt and we provide all needed support and supplies throughout the process.